top of page
  • Writer's pictureThe Reef

The Rain City Relief Vinyl is Here!

After a year of hard work and dedication from everyone involved, the Rain City Relief vinyl is finally here! Rain City Relief was born out of the collective recognition that while the music industry was in decline, it was the musicians themselves who needed the most support. When Adam Simon and Jesse Codling from The Reef brainstormed with Seth McDonald, co-founder of Seattle World Tour they came to the consensus that the best way to support musicians was through direct monetary contributions. And thus, Rain City Relief was born - a physical only compilation vinyl comprised of music from some of Seattle's most up and coming artists whose careers were greatly impacted by the spread of COVID-19. The best part? All proceeds made from vinyl sales are going back to the artists they were meant to support, with 75% of vinyl sales going directly back to the recording artists, and the remaining 25% going towards the Seattle World Tour Artist Relief fund.

We have set a lofty goal of raising $100,000 for the Artist Relief Fund, $30,000 of which has already been raised. Every donation to the fund of $25 or more gets you your own copy of the vinyl. Applicants chosen to receive the Seattle World Tour Artist Relief grants will receive a $500 grant. Prospective musicians looking to benefit from the fund should have applications submitted by May 15. It's been a long journey, but we're finally ready to make the Rain City Relief album available to the public! Head over to and get your own copy for a donation of $25 or more, or pop into Easy Street Records to pick up your physical copy!

While you're ordering your records, check out this photo gallery from the Rain City Relief launch party at Easy Street Records, and head over to Rain City Relief's YouTube channel to see the studio performances from each artist on the vinyl.



bottom of page